April and Kevin in Kuna Yala, the northeast coast of Panamá

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The things people do for style

I was walking down the street the other day in Santiago and saw a lady with a cast on her foot and ankle. I had to turn and do a double glance at her cast...and then I went ahead and turned around and asked her permission to photograph her foot.


Yup, she had an extra bump put on her cast so that she could continue to wear her high heals on the other foot and not walk funny while she had the cast. The bump evens out the height between the two feet when she has heels on, without the bump she would limp along. She was quite amused by my interest and surprise. She was very willing to strike a pose for me. Just goes to show the lengths that some people will go to for fashion. I decided not to push my luck and ask if the original break was due to her wearing high heals. :)

No comments: