April and Kevin in Kuna Yala, the northeast coast of Panamá

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Working together can make anything fun

I thought that you might like this video. It is a clear example of one of the wonderful things about being a Peace Corps volunteer...how much fun we can have together and still get things done.

Let me first set the stage...this was taken on Thanksgiving day after dinner. These three wonderful volunteers are cleaning ALL of the dishes from a Thanksgiving meal for 70 people, and yet they manage to have a ball. When the video starts they do not know that I am taking a video...I tell them at the end (you can tell when they realize from the laughter).

We don't get to work together all that often, but when we do there is amazing energy and willingness to chip in and get the work done. I think that this is the type of comradery and team feeling that I hope to have in all my jobs. How many people do you know that could be this cheerful faced with that many dishes?

No comments: