April and Kevin in Kuna Yala, the northeast coast of Panamá

Monday, November 12, 2007

Grandpa Dierks update...

Thank you to the many people who took some time from thier wonderful lives to send my grandpa a card as he fights lung cancer agian. He was wonderfully touched by all the cards and attention.

Grandpa Dierks is now 1/2 way through his chemo treatments and the cancer is responding to some extent. He sometimes feels worse for the wear as can be expected with any chemo patient, especially when in thier 80s. News is that he is doing ok, but there is still a long road to travel.

Dad recently sent me a photo just to prove that the sparkling personallity that I love in him is not hindered much by this experience....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
At least now you know that I get my unique personality from my family...it is not just me personally. Mom bought Grandpa some goofy glasses that have flashing lights in the rim...he is planning to wear them to his next chemo session...that should be fun for the hospital staff.
If you haven´t sent a card and would like to, I know he would love hearing from you. If you are interested, his address is:
Paul “Grandpa” Dierks
12140 Rhonda Terrace
Seminole, FL 33772
In your card please explain who you are, and how you know us (April and Kevin that is).
Again, thanks to everyone who touched Grandpa and Grandma´s hearts with your cards and notes. It really made thier day...and thus mine too.

No comments: